The kids were at their dad's over the holiday weekend, so Rob and I headed out to the coast again to enjoy the extended sturgeon season.
We took out their friend's boat.

And I caught a fish. It fought like the dickens, but was a smidgen too small so we had to toss it back.

Rob caught one too!

Dad was there to net them in. After he caught HIS keeper - of course!

Ft. Stevens off in the distance.

After a day of fishing, Rob and I headed out to some nearby docks and tossed off some crab rings to hopefully get some good sized crab. While we waited for them to come and eat our bait, between checking pots, we had fun playing with all the small marine life. It's amazing what lives in the little algea that sticks to the docks!

We did get a few good crab. Rob couldn't wait!

Mmmmmm, dinner!
GET IN MY BELLY!

That night we headed down with the old folks to the beach to build a bon fire and shoot off fireworks. It was amazing how many people there were!
We put the old folks to work collecting driftwood.

We like things that go boom and are perty!

Sunsetting over the Pacific Ocean with the glow of fireworks all over the beach.

I made the old folks do a sparkler picture. This is their version of "big circles" :D
We had a GREAT time! A fun, exciting AND relaxing weekend!
3 comments:
Looks like fun!!
Nice crab. But there are supposed to be back-to-school pictures of my grandkids on here! :D
Grandpa J
(too lazy to re-log in from Grandma J's sign in)
Nice fishing! Grandpa would be proud. Did you know that when I was about 17 I won a prize to go deep sea fishing by guessing the weight of a fish someone was holding in a picture in the newspaper? But Dad wouldn't take me. Didn't want to drive down to wherever it was - traffic, you know!
Post a Comment