Sunday, March 1, 2009

This little girl had a birthday, this little girl right here!

I am lucky to work at such an amazing company that I was able to work from home on Friday so that I could go up to the school on my lunch break and visit her 1st grade classroom

This series of pictures cracked me up. Danielle wanted a pic w/ her friend on the left, the gal on the right wanted in too.


Then this little boy said - I want a picture with D!


Me too! Said another boy, I want a picture with D.

ME TOO! Can I have a picture with her??


I think we eventually would have had the whole class wanting to make sure that THEY got to be in a picture with D as well. I'm not sure if it's 'cause she's so popular or if they are all just a bunch of hams!
We passed out goody bags with a couple of treats in them.
I then got to go with them to the library where they were working on Typing. I am VERY impressed with my little girl. She was working hard to learn the correct typing positions and learn it just right. The program offers a "game break" now and then, and she told me she doesn't like to do them because she wants to focus and finish on the lesson. I was very impressed with her focus and work on there!


We have a family tradition that we go out to dinner for birthdays, and the birthday person gets to pick. Well, D chose Chuck E Cheese for dinner. And we invited one of her friends. It was an odd-number birthday, so we didn't have the big friend party. The kids all had a blast!

They ran into a girl from school there.

Danced with Chuck E.

M. had a blast with the games - he was excited to find other boys willing to play the shooting games with him. He sure would be an arcade junkie if we let him.


The good old classic - ski-ball!


This ride was very cool - they actually guide the horse w/ the reins a little big. And, of course, the little girl still loves horses!



Then we headed home to open presents.

Ever since Christmas when Grandma J showed D the "American Girl" catalog, she's been wanting one. she decided that the version from Target would be great, because then she could get more things with it, and show me she can take care of them. All of a sudden, my little girl is into dolls! She had to have one that had brown hair and brown eyes like her!

The Draper cousins sent her some cool PJs!


Finally! She got a Pet of the Month on Webkins!! She was very excited.

She sings all the time, so she got her very own Children's Songbook.

She also got the horse that goes with her doll from Grandma and Grandpa J, as well as HSM3! This is the closet/wardrobe that goes with the doll so she can keep everything neat and tidy.
It was a very long, fun, and busy day!

3 comments:

Jer & Di said...

It looks like a wonderful day for a wonderful girl!! Though she is getting WAY too big!

Tanya said...

Happy Birthday Danielle! You should receive a package from us soon.

QnA Drapers said...

WOW- what a fun Bday weekend. Im glad you found that Target doll- I think they are great! SHe is looking so grown up- I loved the pics of her and her school friends. We miss you guys- hopefully we'll get to stop by on our trip we're planning in May!