Monday, October 20, 2008

Bobcats and writing and jobs OH MY!

My sweet little boy earned his Cub Scout Bobcat award. Being new to the program, I had NO idea that they had the mom's come up. Since I am now working with the pack, I was dressed up in theme - "Preparedness". Um, yeah - I look perty. ;) Our pack has a funny tradition of putting the mom's pin on upside down. So, they actually HOLD the scout upside down to put it on. They sure do like that part!


Love and hugs for the mommy who helped him earn it!!

On Friday my sweet little girl earned the monthly award for her class in writing. Today she got to have lunch with the principal and got a certificate and a coupon for a free lunch at Applebees.

The handsome boy also came home with a "most improved writer" certificate from one of his class. Darn if these kids aren't smart or something!

I started a new job a couple weeks ago, and it's kept me busy. My role is to work with college students as a success coach helping them do the best at school that they possibly can. The colleges hire us, and we increase retention which means more students graduate. The company is fabulous, the environment and the people are fun (they even had a pink gorilla singing telegram come in for bosses day) and I'm very excited to be working there.

We've got lots going on the next few months, I will try to keep you all updated! :D

3 comments:

The Prices said...

congrats to your kiddos and especially to you. Sounds like an awesome job.

Jer & Di said...

Yay for m6y wonderfully smart, talented and sweet Grandbabies! I love 'em!

QnA Drapers said...

How fun- what great kiddos! Good luck with the new job!